Monday, June 15, 2015
Four Barriers Post
My top barrier that I face would have to be that technology is ever changing. It is very difficult to keep up with all the variety of apps, websites, blogs, and constant communication. I know that with my attitude about technology that I will do my best though to keep up with the times. :) My second barrier would have to be having enough devices so that my students can work on their own. Letting the students be engaged at their own pace is a valuable tool for each student.
The third barrier that I face would be time. I need time to become proficient at the app, web app or website before I can let my students use it. It can become frustrating when it doesn’t work during class and it worked perfectly at home. Knowing how to trouble-shoot the app, web app or website before hand would prove less overwhelming. My last barrier that I face would have to be time for my students to use the devices. I want them to explore and be fully immersed in the device instead of just “going through the motions.” Students get more out of the experience when they understand the importance of technology and what they are using it for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The struggle is real when it comes to keeping up with the latest and greatest! Have you considered students working in pairs or small groups with technology? Teaching students the motions of collaboration is SO important. Please call on me if you ever need an extra set of hands, I enjoy being a part of trouble shooting and problem solving. Allow for students to evaluate each others work, this will help them spend more time in the task and gain more insights from other learners.
ReplyDelete